Murray Clan 13!!

Murray Clan 13!!

Got fear?

I know I have said this before, but I am a spoiled brat. I have realized this more and more lately given the many things I have taken for granted. I always thought I needed more, that I deserved more, and I continued to ask God for more. I believe that God has blessed me with humiliation to help me gain humility. I needed to come to understand I should appreciate less. I should not have taken for granted our time together as a family. I wanted more. I should not have taken for granted our health, especially Claire's, I wanted more. I should not have taken for granted our income, because I had one before and job changes affected our total income, I wanted more. I should not have taken for granted the economy, the peace and the leadership of our country. I wanted more.
Today it is really hard not worry, not to become fearful of the unknown. The uncertainty with Claire, with finances, with the future, with our country... all of this leads to concern and prayer. However, I recently appreciated the tiny bit of insight given to me regarding fear. It can be an acronym:
F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal
Don't we all blow things out of proportion as we prepare for the unknown.
Rather it is important to Trust, now more than ever. Trust can also be an acronym:
T rue
R esolve
U nder
S evere
T esting
I pray for and confess my spoiled behavior often. During this month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, I ask to become closer to His heart. Living there and coming to know His will more and more and growing in peace and trust.
Most Sacred Heard of Jesus, have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment