Murray Clan 13!!

Murray Clan 13!!

A note from Nancy Mills - Ethan's Mom

Dear friends,

Just a quick note to let you know, if you haven't heard already..... Ethan passed away on Wednesday morning at 3 am. We (the whole family) were with him the whole way, and were privileged to take him to Heaven's gates. We sent him off with all our love.....

Ethan was peaceful and not afraid. He was not anxious ..... he was just.... Ethan..... such an amazing person. I was privileged to serve and care for him.

Mike and I cannot take credit for Ethan's unique perspective on life.... we wish we could....(I think I could make zillions of dollars if I could bottle just a tenth of what Ethan was about).

We also know that it's really not all about Ethan either......We could not have gotten through this epic journey without committed prayer warriors like yourself.

I must humbly admit; I was not consistant with my prayer life when all this started. I was far from what I would consider "being holy". But God let me know that "being holy" was exactly what he was asking of me.... He also gave me clear, distinct directions; they were to "Pray, Hope, & Don't Worry".

He also gave me all of you..... fighting cancer is a frighting, exhustating, and dismal thing to do.... there is NO WAY that we could have fought this battle without the body of Christ. I am a different person because of all of you.....you have taught me how to pray, introduced me to saints I didn't know existed, taught me how to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, taught me how to pray the Rosary with true reverence, encouraged me to keep on keepin' on....helped me to be the best mom I could be.... I could go on and on, but I am still so exhustated....

I want to thank you all again for all your generosity to our family over the past year.... in so many ways.... we felt loved and cared for..... still do....

We hope you can all come the Ethan's funeral and wake. The wake is this Friday, at OLMC church. 6-9 pm. The Funeral is Saturday at OLMC at 9:30 am. Please don't wear much black..... Ethan loved happy colors.....Come in your 'happy' clothes......

We decided against doing a reception, because after that 'phat' party.... there is just no way of topping that.....

I will never be able to repay your kindnesses, but I can promise, if you ever need prayers, you can count on me (and I also know a young man who would love to pray for you too)

With big, big love......

Nancy

You can check out Ethan's speech at his Big Phat Party at:
http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kYrwtc9jyg&feature=youtu.be




________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment