Murray Clan 13!!

Murray Clan 13!!

Suffering leads to wisdom.

This insight truly hit me. Although I have probably heard it often. Now, it all seems so very clear to me. Without suffering we remain in our selfish ways. Without suffering we cannot allow God to work in us. Indeed, we all know this intellectually; still, it is overcoming our own will to transform and accept the will of God and the suffering He may allow in our lives.
I don't believe that our family would be as able to love sincerely without the suffering we have expeirenced as a clan. Or the suffering we have witnessed Claire experience.
This may sound somehwat sadistic. We need to suffer or watch others suffer in order to love?! Yes, it sounds odd. But relating it to that of the cross, that of the life of Christ, is this not true?
Now that I have moved through the experience, in going forward I am able to educate and reflect on the past. I do plan on revisting this past, although memory lane is not my favorite part of the city, so that I can share my feelings, my ignorance, and my selfishness. I do have alot of confessing to make.
So, the suffering leads us to look at that cross and realize how much God endured for us. Carrying that cross allows us to endure it for him. I pray that I may carry that cross for Him daily and I ask for the grace to do His will in all things especially the challenges and struggles which strengthen us and lead us to heaven.