Murray Clan 13!!

Murray Clan 13!!

Our last day...

Our last day in Lourdes began with mass (what a great way to start the day) at the St. Joseph's underground church. I did video tape some of the music we enjoyed during our pilgrimage as a lasting memory and to share with others. But, I have not learned yet how to put a video up and when I do I will display some of the wonderful music, many of it was in Latin, during our pilgrimage.
The mass was the last event of our pilgrimage.
Claire and I went out following the mass and braved the freezing rain and visited the Poor Clare monastery again, the grotto for one last time, and the book shop.
After getting soaked, we went back out again to visit the St. Bernadette Museum. It was wonderful to go and learn so much about St. Bernadette, the apparitions and her time as an Ursuline nun. What suffering she endured, in her life. Her family was very poor, she was tormented by others, especially by those who did not believe her, and she was in intense pain as she struggled with tuberculosis of the bones. When Our Lady appeared to her, Mary told her that she could not promise her happiness in this life but that she would receive eternal joy in the next. She was never healed by God, the Blessed Virgin never interceded to end her suffering and pain. Rather, Bernadette endured her cross for others, in recompense for the physical and spiritual healing that would occur for the 6 million plus pilgrims who travel to Lourdes every year. Just as our Lord was never promised relief from His suffering and he endured the cross to be able to bring us all to His kingdom.
We have been healed, Claire and I have witnessed so much grace and peace. I feel she is much stronger now, much more able to serve our Lord and give Him her suffering to make up for what is lacking in me and in humanity. I also recognize the wonderful group of brave people on this pilgrimage who have fought the battles with their illnesses or handicaps and persevered through it in faith and trust. We all need to witness such strength in order to persevere through the challenges; and I have become painfully aware of my own selfishness and the need to die to self in order to serve God in my vocation as a wife, and my family as a mother.
Lastly, we have been able to witness the generosity of the Knights and Dames of Malta who serve the sick and the poor and treat each person with such love and dignity The men and women of the order recognize the unique and special gifts of each malade and their personal dignity as created by God. They serve the sick and the poor of today as the order was meant from the beginning. They serve Christ who is suffering, and as in the place of Christ who heals.
I am so grateful to them for their generosity in bringing us to Lourdes. We do plan on supporting the Knights and Dames in the future, and I believe it to be a very worthy cause for all.
Thank you all for your prayers and I ask that they continue as Claire and I hope to have a safe trip home.
God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment